by Becky Beall
Mazda is an automaker that has been catering to families for years, and they understand what moms want in terms of transportation. For 2016, Mazda turned out some of their most innovative and award-winning vehicles ever. I’m sharing one of those with you today.
The CX-5 was the first of the new-generation vehicles to get the full gamut of SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY and the KODO—Soul of Motion design language. Pleasing customers around the globe, Mazda set a new standard for expected amenities in a family vehicle. With a responsive drive nature, it’s also quite charming with all of its bells and whistles especially on the Grand Touring trim line.
As a mother of four and grandmother of one, SUVs have long since been my preference and Mazda has a good one in the CX-5 with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder SKYACTIV-G engine and 184 horsepower. Gas mileage is decent at 24/30 (combined 26 mpg), especially in this segment.
Here are a few of my favorite features in this Mazda:
- The bold and sleek exterior of the Mazda CX-5 makes an owner proud to sit behind the wheel.
- MAZDA CONNECT Infotainment System with a seven-inch full-color touchscreen display is a great upgrade from the previous smaller screen.
- Bluetooth capability is a mainstay in today’s marketplace and Mazda, of course, delivers that modern convenience.
- Mazda’s i-ACTIVSENSE Technologies is good stuff. In an attempt to help direct a more accident-free society, Mazda has a few helpful technologies under the i-ACTIVSENSE umbrella such as Radar Cruise Control with Close Proximity Warning; Smart Brake Support with Collision Warning; Lane Departure Warning; and High Beam Control. These features quickly won me over!
- The incorporation of the LATCH system into the rear seats makes it easy to snap your child’s safety seat in place.
- Standard rearview cameras put me over-the-top happy as I feel like they are such a HUGE safety amenity!
Is your family in the market for an affordable and dependable SUV? Check out the sporty-looking 2016 Mazda CX-5 and experience what I did - a comfortable ride, offering less road noise than Mazda’s of yesteryear. This automaker has made much improvement with 2016 models and I’m always glad to see brands continuing to improve upon previous platforms. Good work, Mazda, good work.
I drove this vehicle for a week with a tank of gas provided by Mazda. No compensation was received and reviews are my own opinions. Photos are courtesy of Mazda. Follow author Becky J. Beall at BeallsWheels.com for more automotive news.