by Becky Beall
For families looking to integrate modern technology with good looks and interior space, the 2016 Kia Sedona offers a fresh take on an old friend – meet today’s minivan.
I spent a week in the luxury trim model Sedona so you could say I’m slightly spoiled. At a glance the Sedona is a family vehicle with extra sass, so you diaper bag toting dads have nothing to fear in terms of a sharp looking ride. The luxury model comes with leather seats, a refrigerated glovebox, a heated steering wheel, dual power sunroofs, 19” wheels and more! The dashboard is less fussy and user-friendly offering innovative technology must-haves like USB ports, Bluetooth connectivity, navigation system and HD audio system.
Kia’s minivan offers a 3.3-liter V6 engine cranking out 276 horsepower with 248 lb/ft of torque and a six-speed automatic transmission. This is the perfect configuration for our busy interstates and highways.
This momma always checks out safety with any vehicle and the Sedona is equipped with features that get my stamp of approval. Anti-lock brakes, traction control, parking sensors, rearview backup camera, full vehicle surround camera, airbags (front, side, curtain, etc.), lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, and the list just keeps on going. Plus the Sedona earned a five star overall crash rating in government crash testing so, there’s that.
A few of my favorite things…
- The SX-L model offers super cool second row seating that reclines and presents extendable foot rests. Ever been on a long trip and need to prop your feet up for even a few minutes? This feature is for you!
- The 115-volt power outlet is a technology win for me because I love to work in the car while the hubby is driving and I’m often in need of a power source.
- The height-adjustable power liftgate is awesome! How many times have you stood at the trunk thinking how nice it would be for it just to open? If you have the remote on you and stand there for only three seconds, it will do just that (and yes, I checked it out…many times)! This is great at the grocery store!
- Rear entertainment system – perfect for long road trips or that drive to grandma’s house.
- The center front console is BIG! Lots of room for my “stuff.”
Clearly Kia has a winner in the 2016 Sedona and I can say with confidence that it offers a more appealing exterior along with a roomy, comfortable interior and a nice ride. For more information, please visit www.kia.com or head out and test drive one for yourself!
Kia provided the vehicle, insurance and a tank of gas for this review. All opinions are totally my own. Photos are courtesy of Kia. Follow Becky’s blog – www.BeallsWheels.com for more car fun!No Video Content