Registered dietitian Beth Warren shares some of her favorite tips and tricks to making healthier choices in 2018.
Published: January 9, 2018
By: Beth Warren
Author Website: Click to Visit
If you are like me, you are wondering how to reverse the damage that was done to your body over the holidays. Especially as the house is filled with leftover cookies, pies, and tarts – I can’t stop snacking! Now that the New Year is finally here I know I need help to save my waistline and ASAP!
Luckily, registered dietitian Beth Warren has delicious treats and tips that will leave you guilt-free AND give you energy to kick booty as the boss you are! Think SMART in 2018 – choose goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound. See below for more.
Goals – Save that waistline:
- Mindfully choose a time to indulge – You deserve indulgences but not all day every day. Plan to treat yourself. Girl’s night or date night are great times to plan for indulgences. So go on and have that extra glass of wine but only one night a week.
- Be in control of indulgences. YOU have the power – Picking at cookies, candy or chips from a bowl and looking down to see nothing left is one of the worst feelings. When you choose to indulge, use a plate and count out the serving size you feel comfortable consuming. Allowing yourself to enjoy calorie-packed snacks once in a while allows your mind to feel confident going forth with a healthy eating plan throughout the rest of the week.
- Leave the guilt behind – Kick it to the curb, and leave that pest in 2017. Indulging in one portioned treat will not make or break your weight loss goals. However, feeling guilty before, during and after snacking on a treat you love leads to negative self-talk and a poor mindset about food. Eating provides the fuel you need for your fabulous life, and learning to love food will keep you on the healthy living track.
Tasty treats to indulge while you kill it at life in 2018:
- Matcha tea and lots of it – How does it sound to cruise through 2018 with an “Alert Calmness” about you? Well that is what many say matcha provides with three times as much caffeine as a cup of steeped tea (which is equivalent to a cup of coffee). Matcha provides an energy boost with calming effects from the natural l-theanine, which induces relaxation without drowsiness and has 137 times more antioxidants than standard brewed teas.
- Chocolate for breakfast… without the guilt! – Remember we don’t live with guilt in 2018! Enjoy Beth Warren’s Spelt Chocolate Chip Muffins with coconut sugar and dark chocolate chips.
- Warm Winter Salad – Imagine cozying up on your lunch break (because in 2018 you will actually take that lunch break) and enjoying warm roasted butternut squash, incorporated with toasted pumpkin seeds for crunch, mushrooms and arugula for a hint of spice and topped with just the right amount of goat cheese.
Visit www.bethwarrennutrition.com for these recipes and more! This is your year to become a happier and healthier you!