Splashtacular family fun and water-filled thrills await guests inside this brand-new indoor water park!
Published: July 1, 2018
By: Courtesy of Great Wolf Resorts
Author Website: Click to Visit
Families visiting Great Wolf Lodge Georgia will have a howling good time at the nearly 100,000 square-foot indoor water park, filled with body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools and splash areas designed to delight every age range and thrill level. Families visiting the water park at Great Wolf Lodge Georgia will discover cozy 84-degree temperatures year-round and a dozen different slides, including two new concept slides making their North American debut – Rapid Racer and Triple Thunder.
The two new slides are not only new to Great Wolf Resorts, they are one-of-a-kind slides developed for Great Wolf Lodge Georgia by noted slide manufacture ProSlide. The two new slides are:
Triple Thunder: This group raft ride combines two of most thrilling water park attractions available into one pulse-pounding slide. The ride starts by plummeting guests down a steep drop and into a funnel, where they will experience sensations of weightlessness as the raft sloshes up-and-down the funnel walls. Upon exiting the funnel, the raft swooshes towards two saucers. The saucers provide additional excitement as guests hurl at maximum speeds along the bank of the saucer, swirl 180-degrees and exit through a narrow passageway – all in the dark. A few extra twist and turns await after the saucers before riders finally plunge into a catch pool at the bottom of the slide.
Rapid Racer: This two-person tube racing slide features plenty of thrills with drops, chutes and serpentine curves. As riders emerge from the exhilarating 180-degree and 360-degree banked curves, they enter a section with open racing lanes where they can see and hear their competition on the other side of a low separator wall. The slide features three rally points where guests can see their competition as both careen down this incredibly fun water attraction.
The water park also features a number of favorite water park attractions from other Great Wolf Lodges, including:
- Fort Mackenzie: Multi-level tree house water fort that combines suspension bridges, treetop slides, swinging cargo nets and spray stations. The park’s signature tipping bucket dumps one thousand gallons of water every four minutes.
- Totem Towers: Two three-story body slides attached to Fort Mackenzie.
- Wolf Tail: Step into the launch pod, and prepare as the floor drops out from underneath guest’s feet, hurling them into a nearly vertical, 20-foot free fall, followed immediately by a 360-degree, high-speed loop
- Otter Run: A family friendly body slide and a sure-fire favorite, Otter Run is perfectly sized for small and tall alike!
- Slap Tail Pond: Gigantic wave pool complete with waves reaching up to three feet in height as they roll through every five minutes.
- Chinook Cove: Water playground for children of all ages, featuring basketball and floating obstacles.
- Big Foot Pass: Unique water obstacle challenges kids and adults alike to balance on floating logs and lily pads, as well as hold on to hanging nets as they try to get across the pool.
- Crooked Creek: Winding lazy river.
- Cub Paw Pool: Zero-depth entry children’s pool with water fountain features, kiddie slides and spray-and-play adventures.
- Whooping Hollow: This play pool is filled with perfectly sized water slides for young pups. Gentle slopes and tiny dips and turns make these the go-to attractions for the “under 52 inches” set.
The resort will also feature a massive outdoor resort pool with additional water attractions for families to enjoy together. Great Wolf Lodge Georgia will debut with an exclusive, adult-only oasis adjacent to the outdoor pool, complete with relaxing chaise lounge chairs and a private hot tub for parents to enjoy.
An overnight stay at Great Wolf Lodge Georgia includes two days of play at the expansive indoor water park, along with numerous fun-filled activities families can enjoy together. Standard rates start at $199.99 per night.
Great Wolf Lodge Georgia is located at 150 Tom Hall Parkway in LaGrange, GA. For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor water park resorts, visit greatwolf.com.
About Great Wolf Resorts, Inc.
Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. is North America’s largest family of indoor waterpark resorts, and through its subsidiaries and affiliates, owns and operates family resorts under the Great Wolf Lodge brand. Great Wolf Resorts is a fully integrated resort company with Great Wolf Lodge locations in: Wisconsin Dells, Wis.; Sandusky, Ohio; Traverse City, Mich.; Kansas City, Kan.; Williamsburg, Va.; Pocono Mountains, Pa.; Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada; Mason, Ohio; Grapevine, Texas; Grand Mound, Wash.; Fitchburg, Mass., Charlotte, N.C.; Garden Grove, Calif., Colorado Springs, Colo. and Bloomington, Minn. Additional resorts planned include Gurnee, Ill. (summer 2018) and Scottsdale, Ariz. (late 2019).
Additional information may be found on the company’s online media center.
* Offer valid at. Great Wolf Lodge, Georgia on above dates. Valid per night for single- or multiple-night stays, must be mentioned at time of reservation and based on 2018 standard rates. Limited number of rooms available for each date. May not be valid during holiday and blackout periods or combined with any other discount or promotional offers. Must book by January 31, 2018 and stay by December 30, 2018. Multiple-night minimum stay may apply. Offer based on 4 guests per room and may be terminated at any time without notice. Must have one individual 21 years of age or older staying in each room. Offer is not redeemable for cash.