GRADES 4K – 5th
- NEW! Adventures in Nature – Campers will explore animals, ecosystems, and the wonders of the natural world- in our own backyards and across the globe.
- NEW! The Zoo and You – Discover the science behind zoos and the work we do each day to help animals in our care and in the wild.GRADES 6th – 8th
- NEW! Young Naturalists – Through hand-o n explorations in nature, young naturalists will gain a better understanding of the world around them and their place in it.
- NEW! Wildlife Researchers – Make unforgettable memories alongside Zoo staff as we take a look at real-world efforts to ensure species and their homes are safe and protected.
GRADES 4K – 2nd
- NEW! Naturally Gross! A New Camp for Grandparents! – Take a walk on the “wild side” with your grandparent or parent as we learn about some of the grossest, most disgusting features of the natural world! Fee covers both participants.
* Independence Day holiday only
GRADES 3rd– 5th
- Zoo Keeper – Experience some of the daily duties that go into caring for the animals that call the Zoo home. Campers will interact with Animal Care Professionals and our resident animals while exploring enrichment, animal diets, and more!
GRADES 6th – 8th
- Zoo Keeper – Roll up your sleeves and learn what it’s like to be an Animal Care Professional at the Birmingham Zoo! Campers will take part in many hands-on activities including husbandry, feeding, training, and enrichment.
*Zoo Keepers start their day early, so this camp begins at 8:30am on Monday and 7:30am sharp Tuesday-Friday.
GRADES 9th – 12th
- Animal Wellness – Explore the methods Animal Care and Veterinary Professionals use to ensure our resident animals are happy and healthy. Activities will include demonstrations, behind-the-scenes tours and hands-on opportunities alongside Birmingham Zoo staff.
- NEW! Conservation Connections – With the Zoo as a base camp, we will explore conservation efforts taking place at the Birmingham Zoo and across the world. Campers will conduct observations, collect data, and participate in investigations to answer their own scientific questions.
Phone 1: 205-397-3877
Minimum Age: 4
Maximum Age: 18
Average Cost Per Week:
$220-$280 per week.
Season Starts: May 29, 2018
Season Ends: August 3, 2018
Camp Activities: Active Learning Games, Arts & Crafts, Nature & Environmental Studies, Science
Financial Aid: Yes