Every 11 minutes a child is diagnosed with autism.
Every month, the Autism Society of Alabama helps approximately 600 individuals with autism spectrum disorders, their parents, and their service providers (doctors, therapists, teachers, etc.). Our current programs and services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Toll free information and referral hotline
- Resource directory -a preliminary directory of service providers, activities, disability
- Education (parents, providers, family members, etc.) through our quarterly newsletter, exhibitions, speaking engagements, etc.
- Parent Networking Groups in approximately 20 counties around the state
- Innovative website has a direct link to our e-mail addresses.
- Annual Alabama Autism conference for parents, doctors, teachers, service providers, and students.
- Collaboration efforts with other state agencies to provide services for persons with autism spectrum disorders.
Join us for the Birmingham Autism Walk in April 2018!
Address: 4260 Cahaba Heights Court #188 Birmingham, AL . 35243
Phone 1: 205-951-1364
Phone 2: 1-877-4AUTISM
Ages Served: All Ages Inclusive
- ASA Network Support Groups in 33 Alabama cities.
- ASA Network Support Groups offer families guidance in the care of their loved one with ASD.
- An Information and Referral Line to answer family questions about ASD.
- Conferences throughout the state to educate parents, therapist, teachers and individuals about ASD issues.
- A communication hub for Alabama families living with ASD through enews, website, social media and meetings.
- Consulting with legislators, the Governor's Office and Departments of Education, Rehabilitation Services, Medicaid and Public Health.
- Innovative programs including the Autism Friendly Alabama initiative that will provide businesses the tools and knowledge to be inclusive and accessible for ASD families.
Insurance Accepted: not applicable
In Business Since?: 1993
Our mission is to improve services for persons with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families through education and advocacy.