Have you made plans yet for an unforgettable vacation?
Published: May 5, 2022
At Gaylord Opryland, the possibilities are endless! We believe summer is a time for fun and adventure and, most of all, spending time together. This summer the whole family can join a whimsical pirate crew, conquer thrilling new waterslides, explore a truly unique resort and experience the best of Nashville, Tennessee – all without ever leaving the resort. Read on to discover what excitement awaits you this summer.
Embark on an epic adventure with fantastical friends!
The pirates have moored their ship, the princess has arrived in her carriage, and they’re all ready to spend the summer with you at Gaylord Opryland. What kind of fun do they have in store? The kind that leads to new adventures, pushing the bounds of imagination, testing your puzzle-solving skills and more! In this unique series of activities, you will:
- Visit the Pirates & Princess Academy, a live and interactive show where you will meet these whimsical characters and even join their ranks by taking a special, secret oath!
- Set off on a journey with your new friends as you find adventure on the high seas in a treasure-seeking voyage along the indoor Delta Atrium River or climb into a magical, horse-drawn carriage.
- Put your problem-solving skills to the test in your mission to get out of the Captain’s Hidden Treasure Escape Room or hunt down all the princess’s missing jewels in a resort-wide scavenger hunt.
- Bust out your best moves at the Buccaneer Bash Pool Party where the whole family can dance, play games, and have a swashbuckling good time.
- Let your inner artist take center stage at a pirate and princess-themed art studio or during a delicious cookie decorating activity!
Slide into summer fun at SoundWaves!
Summer is much more fun when spent in the sun – and there’s no better place to do that than SoundWaves. This upscale indoor and outdoor aquatic experience covers four acres across three levels and unites the thrills of a water park with immersive music to create the ultimate, modern oasis the whole family will love.
- Play together all day long! Slide down the Rapid Remix™ in a mega raft with up to five people, jump on Nashville’s only double FlowRider® with your best friend to see who can hang ten the longest, or race with three other people down the Rock’N Racer – don’t worry, the leaderboard will keep track of who won.
- Take on any (or all!) of the six waterslides, including the ultra-thrilling Bass Drop, a high-speed, six-story free fall.
- Wind through the lazy river to relax or experience the currents in the rapid river, complete with waterfalls and sprinklers.
- Grab a bite to eat with the whole family at Decibels or slip off while the kids are in the pool to grab a drink at Status Cymbal Adult Pool & Bar.
- Upgrade your day at SoundWaves with an indoor or outdoor poolside cabana, the perfect home base for the family during breaks from the water.
Discover a one-of-a-kind resort
Beyond seasonal events and activities and SoundWaves, Gaylord Opryland offers an unparalleled resort experience so you can curate the perfect summer vacation for your family. No matter how young or old your family, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Stop by the award-winning Relâche Spa for an invigorating, deep-tissue massage, a brightening facial, or a mani-pedi to keep your nails in tip-top shape. The little ones can join in too with the Royal Kids Spa Treatments like pedicures or hair up-dos worthy of a tiara.
- Discover new culinary options during your stay. Order the famous barbeque from the world’s only Jack Daniel’s restaurant, try seared-to-perfection beef at Old Hickory Steakhouse, concoct your own creation at Stax’s burger bar, or try one of more than a dozen other dining experiences.
- Stroll through nine acres of stunning garden atriums enclosed in glass. Find seasonal décor, a fountain and light show choreographed to a beautiful musical score, and even a quarter-mile-long river, perfect for boat rides.
- Get out and explore Music City! Stop into Wildhorse Saloon for some world-famous fried pickles and hours of line dancing. Take a General Jackson Showboat lunch or dinner cruise down the beautiful, meandering Cumberland River for spectacular skyline views, delicious Southern food, and a live show from top talent. Or visit the Grand Ole Opry, right next door to the resort, to see country music stars perform at the show that made country music famous.
No matter what your family is looking for, be it joining in pirate adventures, making a splash, trying all the new foods, or exploring a new city, you can do it all at Gaylord Opryland Resort. After all, summer is a time of adventure and excitement, but most importantly, bonding and growing together. Make the most of your summer of more and book your trip today at www.gaylordopryland.com.