To improve services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families through education and advocacy.
To have every individual with autism be understood, be accepted and supported in all community spaces.
Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families
*Every individual has inherent worth and dignity
*Inclusion in the community is preferred over exclusion
*Options and opportunities should be available for every person
*Services should focus on the family and the individuals
*Accessible, individualized, comprehensive services should be available
*Services should strive to be a model of excellence and incorporate validated innovations
*Consumers should expect and receive effective advocacy and leadership
*Consumers deserve to receive current information on diverse therapeutic options
View Our Picture Gallery:
Watch Our Video:
Address: 205 Lambert Avenue, Suite C, Mobile, AL 36604
Phone 1: 205-951-1364
Phone 2: 1-877-4AUTISM
Email: Click to email us
Web: Click to visit us online
Ages Served: All Ages Inclusive
- ASA Network Support Groups in 13 Alabama cities.
- ASA Network Support Groups offer families guidance in the care of their loved one with ASD.
- An Information and Resource line to answer families' questions about ASD.
- Conferences throughout the state to educate parents, therapists, teachers, and individuals about ASD issues.
- A communication hub for Alabama families living with ASD through enews, website, social media, and meetings.
- Consulting with legislators, the Governor's Office and Departments of Education, Rehabilitation Services, Medicaid, and Public Health.
- Innovative programs including the Autism Friendly Alabama initiative that will provide businesses the tools and knowledge to be inclusive and accessible for ASD families, family camps, safety initiative, CARE binders and more.
Insurance Accepted: not applicable
In Business Since?: 2003
Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families are the constituency served by ASA.