Mitchell’s Place specializes in improving the lives of children affected by autism and other developmental disabilities. We use quality diagnostic, educational and therapeutic services provided by highly skilled therapy teams to unlock each child’s potential. These teams work to remediate social, communicative, adaptive and academic functioning while simultaneously reducing and decelerating maladaptive behavior.
At Mitchell’s Place, we employ highly qualified and caring therapists, analysts and teachers to implement each child’s treatment and instruction. We provide accurate and on-going assessment to create individualized and comprehensive treatment plans. In addition, we empower our parents with the specific skills essential to support their child’s learning.
Together, with dedicated parents and families, we are committed to unlocking each child’s potential with the aim of improving the quality of life for our clients and families.
View Our Picture Gallery:
Watch Our Video:
Address: Two locations! Mitchell's Place Overton: 4778 Overton Rd Birmingham, AL 35210 and Mitchell's Place Southside: 2305 Arlington Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35205
Phone 1: (205) 957-0294
Email: Click to email us
Web: Click to visit us online
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
It is our mission to provide comprehensive, research-based services for children and families
affected by autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities.
Multi-disciplinary Resource Center for ages 18 months to seven years old.
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
• Behavioral Health Center of Excellence (BHCOE) (accreditation for ABA programs)
• Foundational language, learning and academic skills
• Social skills
• Intensive and focused programs
• Offered in a full day and outpatient model
Early Learning Preschool for ages two to six years old.
• ABA based classroom with a 3:1 student/ teacher ratio
• Accredited preschool from COGNIA
• ABA therapy daily for spectrum students
• Typical peer models
• DHR licensed
Speech Therapy for ages one to 18 years old.
• Language delay, pragmatic language, articulation difficulties, dyslexia
• Social skills
Occupational Therapy for ages one to 18 years old.
• Fine/gross motor, self-help, sensory concerns
• Comprehensive feeding program
Psychology/ Psychiatry - age dependent on therapy
• Comprehensive evaluations for autism spectrum disorder and developmental disabilities
• Outpatient individual and family therapy
• Medication management
Insurance Accepted: Mitchell’s Place accepts private pay for services. Insurance coverage will be determined by provider, plan and type of service on a case-by-case basis.
In Business Since?: 2005
Children and families affected by autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities. Translator and translated documents are available upon request. Closed captioning videos are also available upon request.