Looking for ways to spice up the lunch box and make it more fun and appealing? Here are two great recipes to do just that from www.produceforkids.com.
Published: August 3, 2015
INSIDE OUT ROAST BEEF WRAP
When the kids are begging for something different, turn their sandwiches inside out for a fresh spin on the lunchbox staple.
- teaspoons mustard
- 2 slices whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 pound lean deli roast beef
- 2 slices shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 4 cucumber slices
- 2 toothpicks
- Spread mustard on one side of each slice of bread and fold in half.
- Lay roast beef flat on plate with cheese slice on top. Place folded bread on top and wrap roast beef around bread. Place spinach, tomato and cucumber on top. Secure with toothpick.
FUN BENTO FUN-DUE
This “fondue” recipe is a great way to add some fun to lunchtime. Kids will love to get hands on and dip fruits and veggies. The sunflower seed yogurt dip is a great nut free lunch option!
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seed butter
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 slices apple
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4 strawberries, slliced
- 2 tablespoons salsa Ranch dressing
- 2 mini sweet peppers, cut in half
- 4 broccoli florets
- 2 slices low sodium turkey, rolled
- 1 slice lowfat cheddar cheese
- Mix yogurt, sunflower seed butter, agave and cinnamon in small bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Assemble remaining ingredients into bento box.